Information We Collect
We may collect two types of information through the Site: “personal information” and “automatic information”. To the extent automatic information is associated with your personal information, such automatic information will be considered personal information.
“Personal information” is personally identifiable information about you including, but not limited to:
- Your name
- Company name
- Title or position in a company or organization
- Other contact information, for example, mailing address, email address, telephone number, or fax number
- Information or commentary you choose to provide on or through the Site
- Your “avatar” or other similar graphic, profile or icon intended to represent you (an “Avatar”)
- Any other information needed to provide a service you requested (including, without limitation, for the purpose of conflict checking, client identification, and other bona fide purposes)
We may collect the personal information that you voluntarily provide by:
- Posting a question or comment on the “Contact Us” form on the Site
- Requesting literature (such as, legal alerts, bulletins, publications, event or seminar information, or newsletters)
- Registering to attend a seminar or event
- Clicking on the “Follow” button, the “Like” button, or any other button on the Site
- Requesting inclusion in an email or other mailing list
- Displaying your Avatar on the Site, if applicable
- Email interactions submitted through the Site
- Emailing, calling or communicating with the firm or one of our lawyers
- Any other business-related reason
If you reside outside of the United States, note that your personal Information will be collected and stored in the United States, the data protection laws of which may differ from those of your home jurisdiction, and by using the Site you expressly agree to such collection and storage.
Notice to EU Individuals: This Privacy Statement and its enumerated policies are intended to comply with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (the “General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR”) and provide appropriate protection and care with respect to the treatment of your user information in accordance with the GDPR.
“Automatic information” is non-personally identifiable information that we may collect automatically, without any action on your part, when you use or access this Site. Automatic information includes domain information, your operating system, log files, the type of browser you are using, your IP address, the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave the Site, and information collected by “cookies”. A “cookie” is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Among other things, cookies provide a means for us to keep track of your online patterns and preferences. By understanding which areas of the Site you visit and how often you visit the Site, cookies allow us to monitor traffic patterns and Site usage. A cookie will not allow us to learn any personal information (such as your real name and address) that you have not otherwise disclosed. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can change your browser so that it will not automatically accept cookies. However, if you do so, it is possible that some portions of the Site may not function as intended.
How We Use This Information
We use personal information you provide to respond to your inquiries or comments or to process information on any form you have completed on various sections of our Site, to notify you about periodic updates to our Site, to communicate with third parties that provide services for us in connection with the Site, to communicate with you about matters relating to the Site or the firm, to respond to your requests for literature, inclusion on email/mailing lists, information and/or registration for events/seminars, among other things.
We will not distribute, display, perform, use or otherwise exercise or exploit your Avatar for any purpose other than as necessary to display your Avatar on the Site, if applicable.
We do not want to receive confidential or proprietary information through this Site. Any such information sent to us will not be privileged or confidential unless we have agreed to act as your legal counsel and you have executed a written agreement with IMG Models Blog which sets forth the various legal obligations, other professional rules and terms of engagement.
We use automatic information to analyze Site usage (such as aggregated information on how often users visit the Site, which pages are visited most frequently by our users, etc.), which allows us to improve the content and design of our Site and to determine the usefulness of the information provided to users on the Site (including how effective our navigational structure is in helping users reach that information).
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We will not share your personal information outside the firm without your permission, except under conditions listed below:
- We may disclose your personal information within the firm, if appropriate (e.g. to the firm’s lawyers and other personnel).
- We may disclose your personal information to provide you with a particular product or service you have requested.
- We may disclose your personal information to third party service providers that act on our behalf and that use the information in connection with the services they provide.
- We may also disclose your personal information if required to do so by law, or in urgent circumstances, to protect personal safety, the public or our rights or property, including the Site.
Although we have implemented commercially reasonable security measures to avoid unauthorized access to information we collect online, we cannot guarantee or warrant that such information, during transmission through the Internet, while on the Site, or otherwise in our care will be completely secure. Therefore, the provision of such information is done at your own risk. Please note that e-mail is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting personal information.
How Do We Protect a Child’s Privacy?
We do not knowingly or intentionally collect or maintain personal information from children under the age of thirteen and no part of this Site is targeted to attract anyone under the age of thirteen. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a user of the Site who is under the age of thirteen, we will remove that child’s personal information from our files.
This Site may contain links to other sites whose information practices and privacy policies may be different than ours. You should consult such other sites’ privacy notices or policies, as any information you submit to, or that is collected by, such other site(s) will be subject to the information collection practices and privacy policies of such other site(s).